Indiana has been the “Crossroads of America” since long before it was an official state. From the National Road, to the Indianapolis and Madison Railroad, to the Senate Avenue Intermodal and the Ohio River Bridges, Hoosiers have kept their focus on efficiently moving products for more than 200 years.
The result: Indiana entered the 21st Century prepared to capitalize on its central location with significant infrastructure and the public and private assets to benefit from explosive growth in the logistics industry – anticipated to more than double by 2035.
Conexus Indiana’s industry partners are building on that foundation with programs and insights that keep logistics in the foreground of the state’s preparedness for the technological, workforce, public policy and infrastructure needs of today and the future. Developing statewide strategies is at the core of that preparation, and execution of appropriate tactics is the practical road to successful outcomes.
Maintaining Indiana as the “Crossroads of America” keeps Indiana’s economy strong and helps Hoosiers prosper.
• 1st in interstate access with 14 interstate highways
• 1st in pass-through interstates
• 12th in interstate highway miles
• 9th in rail miles with 4,446 miles
• 5 intermodal rail facilities
• The 2nd largest FedEx hub in the world
• A strong network of airport facilities
• 4 of the top 125 cargo airports serving Indiana
• 3 public ports (1 Lake Michigan; 2 Ohio River)
• 67 private ports (3 Lake Michigan; 64 on Ohio River)